You may have heard the phrase, “No man is an island.” That especially rings true when families face trouble. Sometimes even the strongest family unit may need support and guidance in dealing with unexpected circumstances such as illness, death or unemployment. Other times, they may require that same support from an impartial observer to manage personal conflicts.
Research studies repeatedly demonstrate the effectiveness of marriage and family therapy in treating the full range of mental and emotional disorders and health problems.
What you can expect from me:
- Observe how the couple interacts
- Evaluate and resolve relationship problems
- Diagnose and treat psychological disorders within a family context
- Guide clients through transitional crises such as divorce or death
- Highlight problematic relational or behavioral patterns
- Help replace dysfunctional behaviors with healthy alternatives
- Take a holistic (mind-body) approach to wellness
“We repeat what we don’t repair.” – Christine Langley-Obaugh